Date Posted: 2/2/2021
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Department: VP of Sales
Location: Cedar Falls, IA or Clive, IA
Employee Type: Full-Time
Education: 4-Year Degree or Equivalent Experience
Industry: SaaS, Insurance
Job Type: Sales
Manages Others: Yes
Experience: 10+ Years
Relocation Covered: No
Growing technology company seeks experienced Sales Leader to further develop and implement effective sales strategies. This key client-facing role is responsible for ensuring company revenue expectations are met and overseeing sales strategies & operations. In addition, this role will lead sales contributions to product enhancements and strategy. Qualified candidate must understand and enthusiastically espouse our joint sales and marketing team model. Our company provides an online software solution that helps insurance agencies increase efficiency, enhance customer satisfaction, control costs, and stay competitive. We currently have customers nationwide. Our company is growing and we are eagerly seeking high quality individuals to join our team.
Core values of our company include:
- Client-centric organization focused on delivering great customer service
- Positive, collaborative team environment with coworkers who genuinely care about their work
- High level of professionalism in everything we do
- Continuous teaching, learning, and growth for all team members as they share in the journey that is the story of our company
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through continued development of sales strategies, implementation of additional models, pricing analysis and sales team growth.
- Work closely with the revenue operations team to address identified areas of friction or gaps in prospect experience that negatively affect revenue growth.
- Leverage CRM data to construct, forecast and manage sales activity to meet revenue targets and overall company goals.
- Maintain the tight and transparent relationship between marketing and sales team members.
- Collaborate with internal product teams and provide feedback from prospects to shape future product development.
- Monitor, analyze and propose any pricing adjustments or changes due to product growth, new feature value or additional product offerings, including modeling outcomes for such changes.
- Actively participate in strategic development of sales team structure and work to ensure consistent prospect experience.
- Responsible for managing the sales team on a day-to-day basis, in collaboration with sales management, by leading team meetings and developing a plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls.
- Leading goal development, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organization’s presence.
- Responsible for role planning, recruitment, direction, organization and mentorship of sales representatives to accomplish specific objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team and communicating with senior leadership, including detailed metric analysis and revenue projections.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of real & perceived competitors’ products, pricing models, brand, etc.
- Support & promote high standards of ongoing training for sales representatives so that they possess sufficient market and technical knowledge to present information on the company’s products in an accurate and balanced manner.
- Ability to represent the company as a speaker at professional events and remote webinars.
- Minimum ten years experience in both sales and sales management
- Specific examples of previous experience developing relationships and exceeding goals
- Proven track record of establishing credibility with key clients and accounts
- Out of the box thinker that is not hindered by previous constructs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, highly organized and efficient
- High level of comfort with technology
- High level of comfort with data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated by the opportunity to be part of a fast moving, entrepreneurial team
Previous SaaS sales experience preferred, but not required.