Fact: Your prospects and clients are online.
It's no surprise that your younger clients are online but you may be a bit surprised that 58% of those 65 or older are also using the Internet.
Your agency should be online too. Here's how:
- Email marketing
- Email marketing is a tool businesses use to relay messages or promote their products/services to an audience. Insurance agencies can (and should) use email marketing to quickly deliver their communication, track the ROI, save money and increase their reach.?
Triggered email messages get 119% higher click-through rates than "business as usual" messages. (Epsilon)
Having an online presence is no longer a plus. It's a must. In today's search-driven world, a web presence can make or break your business. We use our phones to search local information daily. If you're not showing up in our search results, you'll get overlooked. It's that simple.
- Social media
- According to the Pew Research Center, social media usage among those 65 and older has more than tripled since 2010 when 11% used social media. Today, 35% of all those 65 and older report using social media, compared with just 2% in 2005.
Identify & Act on Sales Opportunities
- It's 40% easier to sell to existing customers than to brand new prospects. When it comes to existing clients, you’ve already earned their trust - now, as part of your normal duties as an advisor you need to make sure your clients are fully protected. “A cross-selling strategy is designed to position your clients under the umbrella of protecting assets throughout the lifecycle” (Denise M. Desautels).
- Asking for referrals can be intimidating. You don’t want to be pushy or over-extend your relationship with your client. It’s even harder when you aren’t identifying who would be best to ask first. Using the NPS survey allows you to identify good referral candidates rather than asking your entire client base. Using data from the NPS will allow you to send automated emails to the right audience at the right time with the right message.
- Identify your profitable lead sources
- Key to a successful marketing program is tracking metrics that give you insights into what is working and what is not. Essentially, where are you getting a return on investment? According to Chuck Blondino of Safeco Insurance, the key differentiator of "high growth agencies" (those that consistently increase the size of their book-of-business by 10%-25%) versus others is that they track their marketing efforts.
Maintain Happy Clients
- Client onboarding
- Maintaining Positive Communication with Clients
- Build your relationships
- Learn more about clients' lives
- Become easier to refer
- Earn their trust
- Become a friend
- Ensure renewals
- Sell more!
The #1 reason clients leave an insurance agency is because of lack of communication.
Action step: send meaningful communication
Reaching out to clients at meaningful times will go a long way. When thinking about meaningful communication, think about the client, not yourself. What is meaningful to them rather than to you? You know the meaningful times for reaching out to clients (birthdays, turning 65, renewals, etc.) it’s just a matter of actually doing it.