Welcome to part two of our blog series, Five Steps to Choosing an Agency Management System. The last post in this series discussed the benefits of cloud computing and learning to trust "The Cloud". In this post we'll discuss how to evaluate your company's training and support needs when purchasing an agency management system.
Step 2: How Can We Help You Today?
We've all been there. Your work is humming along, the phone is quiet, you're being productive. You click "save" and suddenly, a 404 error. Or a 502. Or 303. Really, who cares what number it is? Bottom line - you've got a problem and you don't know how to fix it.
When you're talking about an issue with a software program as important as an agency management system, your company and your employees' productivity can be brought to a screeching halt. Luckily, every good agency management system should provide robust customer service, responsive support and be able to get you back up and running quickly. The best way to ensure this is to be clear about your service and support expectations.
Understand Your Customer Service Needs
When you're researching agency management systems, there are some simple questions you should be able to answer:
- Do you want immediate, on-the-phone support for when you and your staff has questions or need to report an error?
- Do you want access to online help documents for general questions?
- Do you want a specified account manager to contact with your support needs?
- How often do you expect scheduled maintenance and updates to your agency management system?
Your responses to these questions will help guide your research and ensure you choose a SaaS company that is able to meet your needs.
Don't Overlook Initial Training & Ongoing Support
Agency management systems are meant to simplify your workload and make everyone's life easier. That's why the initial training process is often the most overlooked, but most important factor in finding a new system. How are you going to get your staff using the system correctly? What is the process when your staff does have questions?
Again, when you're researching agency management systems, make sure to answer these questions:
- Do you prefer in-person training or webinars for the initial set-up and education?
- Will a small group of employees learn how to use the system and then train others?
- Do you expect written documentation or instructions to be provided or would you rather create these documents yourself for better customization?
- How will new employees be trained?
- What kind of training do you prefer when the system is updated?
By answering these questions, you can be up-front with your expectations and give your SaaS company the flexibility to fit your needs.
See what our customer have said about our support and sign up for a Free Trial to find out if AgencyBloc is a good fit for your agency.
Watch for Part 3 in our Five Steps to Choosing an Agency Management System blog series - we'll clarify budget and contracts with SaaS companies.
Watch the recorded webinar:
Feel like you're missing something? The full series: