It's an exciting time here as we roll out the newest version of AgencyBloc. As we got started with this upgrade some users expressed concern because they thought there was no need to make any changes. While we agreed that the system was pretty good, we felt that it could be improved. Not only did we want to improve the current function, we also wanted to be sure that we're prepared for the future. With that said, two primary reasons for these changes were to upgrade to the latest technology and reduce the lines of code. This puts us in a great position to consider future enhancements and stay relevant in the industry.
With the changes we've made we were able to increase the sites response time by 50%, reduce page size's by 33%, and make searches 75% faster. The response from our beta users was outstanding (and overwhelmingly positive) and we truly enjoyed hearing from so many users. Generally speaking, the new version has the same basic layout as the old version with some upgrades to the look/feel and a few new features. Here are some of the more noticeable changes:
- 75% faster searches - less time waiting for search results.
- Live searching - AgencyBloc will respond to what you're typing and start narrowing results instantly.
- "Search-all" fields - each section now has just one search field to search everything you need in that section. In the policies section, for example, there is now just one search field for policy status, policy number, coverage type, holder name, carrier, etc.
- Searches are remembered - when you make a search, leave the section, and then come back to that section the term you searched for and the results will still be showing. Very convenient.
- See 100% of your data - you can now page through ALL of your records using the arrows at the bottom of the page.
- Policies reports - you can now run policies reports for both Groups and Individuals together rather than separately.
- Maximize screen space - Recent Items and Create New were moved to dropdowns in the upper-right.
- Responsive design - the application is more fluid and will better fit within different screen sizes. Much more mobile friendly.
This is certainly not a full list of the changes that have been made. What we're really the most excited about is the potential for future enhancements that this upgrade sets us up for. To see more details on these changes and some others we've made, click here.