How can I keep my clients loyal?
This month we’ve been discussing how outstanding customer service and understanding your client can boost your client loyalty and potential for referral. Today, let’s chat about how to build on your already fantastic customer service to keep your clients for life.
Tips for Success
In addition to knock-your-socks-off customer service, you need to be willing to change with your clients and their evolving needs in order to keep your clients for life. Here are some tips to help keep your clients loyal:
- Keep the service consistent. You want to impress the client when they’re a prospect by going above and beyond to help them (speedy service, multiple phone calls/emails, etc.). That shouldn’t end just because they bought in. You should also be focusing on the journey they have after they become a client. Maintaining that exceptional level of care could be your differentiator, and failure to do so could deeply impact your bottom line negatively—studies show that 81% of clients leave due to lack of communication.
- Advertise for free. Referrals and resales are practically free. They come from happy and well taken care of clients. Crafting a referral strategy and staying attuned to cross-selling opportunities could help grow your agency with very little to no money spent on your part. This could be a great opportunity for your agency, plus, who doesn’t love free stuff?
- Stay up-to-date. Consumers will be impressed if you not only staying current with technology but use it to serve them better and improve your agent-client relationships. One enhancement you should consider is upgrading your current system to an agency management system (AMS) and making your agency mobile. Mobility allows your agency to efficiently serve your clients and proves your dedication to their needs.
- Ask for feedback. And listen to it! Nothing will annoy someone more than if you ask them for advice and you just write them off. Ask your clients for a review and take it to heart. Your clients don’t want to leave, so the feedback they give you is honest and true. They would likely rather see their service improve than pack up and start over with a new agent. Asking for feedback shows clients your willingness to improve and awareness of your ability to make mistakes.
- Take responsibility, be proactive. Don’t always wait for your clients to tell you where your system lags. I know things get busy, but sometimes you need to take a break and refocus. Take initiative and analyze your agency operations. Look at how the different parts of your operations match up to the goals you crafted last month. Take responsibility and fix those stray parts, or come up with a game plan to tackle them. Any action you take in fixing those loose parts could mean a happier experience for your clients and a higher likelihood of your clients staying loyal.
I know this can be difficult when you’re overwhelmed with your regular day-to-day activities, but utilizing innovative technology and having a client-focused organization will help. The modern insurance consumer just wants to trust that you’ll be there when they need you and that they’re more than just a number. Providing them with peace of mind, putting them at ease, and putting their needs at the forefront will make all the difference and will give you strong, successful agent-client relationships.
Want to Better Understand Your Clients?
Knowing who your clients are and how they prefer to do business with you helps you improve the service you provide them. Check out our free eBook that details who the modern insurance consumer is, how to sell to them, tips to boost your client referrals and retention, and the best ways to utilize technology to communicate with them. Check out this video to see what it’s all about: