Change is Scary
Although change is inevitable, you can't deny that it can be scary sometimes. Especially when it comes to adopting new technology, like a new CRM or agency management system.
As we've helped clients migrate their data to AgencyBloc, we've heard of some of their worries:
- Ramp-up time to train on the new technology
- Whole-office adoption of the technology
- Loss of productivity during ramp-up time
Though these are only a couple examples, their worries about the data migration process seem to revolve around change and how that will affect the productivity of their agency.
When it comes to getting your agency to rally around the new technology, it starts with addressing the fear of change. Mechdyne has a wonderful 5 step process to this, so I've shared them below:
- "Promote your early adopters. Internal public relations are powerful. When people see benefits of emerging technology integrated into the curriculum, anxiety and reluctance to incorporate similar strategies decrease.
- Address the concerns with open dialogue. Upfront conversations with instructors and users of the technology are critical. Some professors may not even recognize their hesitation. Easy, non-threatening conversations create a foundation to create a support plan, which is often as simple as having two hours of personal training on a system.
- Partner experienced users with up-and-comers. Inexperience can inhibit new users from identifying the best way to utilize emerging technology. A technology mentor can help the new technology user understand how the technology can help achieve their goals.
- Invest in training. Most emerging technologies are designed to be simple and easy to understand. But even the most intuitive interfaces benefit from hands on training.
- Reinvest in training. If someone is reluctant to use technology, it will take more than one exposure to overcome their anxiety. Set regular open house and hands-on opportunities to encourage people to test drive the technology."
As you can see, each of these steps draws on the importance of equipping your people with the tools to succeed. That's why it's so important to look for a CRM/Agency Management System that provides valuable customer service: 1-on-1 training sessions, help with importing data, etc.
Furthermore, adopting new technology requires buy-in from your employees. Explicitly laying out how the new technology is going to benefit their day-to-day at your agency will help tremendously in gaining buy-in and creating excitement around the new technology.
Considering moving to a new CRM/Agency Management System and nervous about the data migration process? Check out this on-demand webinar speaking to the CRM data migration process.