Business Development Representative
Location: Des Moines, IA, Cedar Falls, IA, or Remote
Employee Type: Full-Time Employee
Industry: SaaS, Insurance
Manages Others: Yes
Job Type: Sales
Education: 4 Year Degree or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 1-2 Years
Relocation Covered: No
Why You’ll Love AgencyBloc
We solve problems for our customers. We give ourselves the autonomy to be awesome. We will be human. We are maniacal about success. This is the culture you’ll be a part of if you join the AgencyBloc Team. We are the #1 Agency Recommended Management Platform for life and health insurance agencies. We help grow our clients’ business with an industry-specific CRM, commissions processing, and integrated business and marketing automation.
We’re seeking a highly motivated self-starter, with a hunter-mindset to join our Business Development Team.
As the Business Development Representative, you will help drive demand for AgencyBloc’s Solution. You will also work closely with your Key Account Representative to uncover new opportunities. You will learn about prospect’s business challenges and concisely communicate the value of AgencyBloc.
As a member of our Business Development Team you will be supported by our Marketing and Sales Teams. You’ll receive on-going support from the entire organization to help grow your impact on the organization’s success.
- Generate a high volume (50-60 per day) of outbound calls, plus other prospecting activity to educate the market on the power of AgencyBloc’s Solution.
- Use prospecting tools to generate leads for Key Accounts and Inside Sales Representatives.
- Use best practices with email, phone and sequences to connect with new prospects.
- Conduct qualification calls with prospects.
- Work collaboratively with Sales Reps to develop and implement prospecting strategies.
- Support on-going product and market development.
- Stay informed on industry and competitor trends.
- Additional duties as assigned to you by your manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications or related field desirable and one to three years relevant experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years of successful sales experience ideally in a SaaS B2B selling environment.
- Previous cold calling experience with a proven ability to effectively handle objections.
- Self-motivated and driven with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (Written and Oral Communication, Listening).
- Strong desire to be a contributing team member with a collaborative approach and coachable mentality.
- Knowledge of the Health and Life Insurance industry is a plus.
- A true passion to meet and exceed measurable sales goals.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
More on AgencyBloc:
AgencyBloc provides a suite of online software solutions that help insurance agencies increase efficiency, enhance customer satisfaction, control costs, and stay competitive. We currently have customers nationwide. Core values of our company include:
- Client-centric organization focused on delivering great customer service
- Positive, collaborative team environment with coworkers who genuinely care about their work
- High level of professionalism in everything we do
- Continuous teaching, learning, and growth for all team members as they share in the journey that is the story of our company
Form not loading? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.