Location: Des Moines, IA, Cedar Falls, IA, or Remote
Employee Type: Full-Time Employee
Industry: SaaS, Insurance
Manages Others: No
Job Type: Product
Education: 4 Year Degree or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 3+ Years
Relocation Covered: No
Why You’ll Love AgencyBloc
We solve problems for our customers. We give ourselves the autonomy to be awesome. We will be human. We are maniacal about success. This is the culture you’ll be a part of if you join the AgencyBloc Team. We are the #1 Recommended Insurance Industry Growth Platform serving the benefits and senior market space. We help grow our clients’ business with a suite of solutions that can be strategically utilized to support the operational and growth needs of independent insurance agencies, GAs, IMO/FMOs, call centers, and carriers.
The Product Manager will lead the execution of new product and feature development from the idea stage, in conjunction with the Product Leader, to launch. While focused on leading development execution based on roadmap or other initiatives for a given product line, the Product Manager must represent the goals and business needs of any development initiative and therefore be abreast of customer and market needs. They will act as the liaison between different stakeholders and the Development team to create a solution, including writing user stories and acceptance criteria to support the development of the product. The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for product functionality and usability and driving a cross-functional team able to deliver high-quality products that meet the needs of the market.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager and technical leadership to understand business objectives, product vision, and strategy.
- Meet with current and potential customers to understand their business objectives and demonstrate new product features.
- Write requirements documents for large scale features and present to internal governance committees to solicit feedback.
- Collaborate with User Interface developers to develop wireframes and mock-ups of desired features.
- Decompose features into documented user stories explaining the desired functionality and acceptance criteria.
- Implement project management and best practices for your team — driving accountability, visibility, and high levels of outcomes.
- Lead the internal demonstrations of new product features, focusing on the value to the customer, to the organization.
- Ensure organizational understanding of product roadmap via consistent communication within multiple governance committees and organization-wide demonstrations.
- Assist with the development of documented release notes for customer consumption.
- Track key project milestones, mitigate roadblocks, and communicate adjustments to the roadmap.
- Perform quality reviews to verify the developed functionality meets the defined user value and acceptance criteria.
- Facilitate defect management process from triage to delivery in collaboration with Development, Client Services, Product Management, and Quality Assurance.
- Understand user experience theory and ensure adherence within application by providing guidance to the Design Team.
- Partner with the Product Leader to create solutions based on research and high-level requirements and ensure defined user stories are reflected in the technical design and development.
- Provide product subject matter expertise of the industry and product to the development team, Client Services, and project stakeholders.
- Multi-task, prioritize, and be ready to wear multiple hats.
- Additional duties as assigned to you by your manager.
- 3+ years of Product Management experience at a SaaS organization.
- 2+ years’ experience writing User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience developing and performing product discovery process, including working directly with customers.
- Ability to work within an Agile environment.
- Experience creating Product Positioning statements and developing go to market plans.
- Insurance/healthcare knowledge preferred.
- Experience managing others preferred.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Experience using issue tracking tools to manage the release process (e.g. Azure DevOps, Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- Ability to travel to client sites from time to time (5-10%).
- Experience working on SaaS product is preferred.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Don’t wait for directions, find your way.
- Courage to make mistakes — and learn from them.
- Drive to improve your surroundings.
- Solve complex business problems using technology, process improvements, or other means.
- Identify the root cause of the issue.
- Identify and work to resolve obstacles.
- Acquire the technical knowledge necessary to complete your task.
- Understand the pros and cons between multiple ideas and advocate for the one you believe in.
- Find patterns in data.
- Work in ambiguity.
- Find a way through the fog of the unknown.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
More on AgencyBloc:
AgencyBloc provides a suite of online software solutions that help insurance agencies increase efficiency, enhance customer satisfaction, control costs, and stay competitive. We currently have customers nationwide. Core values of our company include:
- Client-centric organization focused on delivering great customer service
- Positive, collaborative team environment with coworkers who genuinely care about their work
- High level of professionalism in everything we do
- Continuous teaching, learning, and growth for all team members as they share in the journey that is the story of our company
Form not loading? Send your resume to email@example.com to apply.